VENDOR RELATIONS AND RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Monkee’s Franchising, LLC is an exciting franchise concept within the high-end, women’s fashion boutique business with 27 franchise locations in nine states. We are in the process of adding 10-15 new franchisees per year. To help support our growth, we are in search of a special individual to join our company as the Vendor Relations and Retail Operations Manager. This position will be in Winston Salem, NC. This person will report to the Director of Vendor Relations and Retail Operations.
If you have 5 plus years of experience working with women’s fashion retail vendors to secure the highest quality lines at the best negotiated price; familiar with NYC and Atlanta markets; education or experience in merchandising; the ability to travel 25-30% of the time; and have some consultative training in your background, then we would like to talk with you. We are building a team of high performers and only wish to speak to individuals who can bring innovation and creativity to our team. Salary is based on background and experience. Please forward you resume appropriately.
The essential duties of this position are listed below:
· Facilitate the introduction of product lines to new Monkee’s store owners and locations.
· Work with the Director of Vendor Relations and Retail Operations to identify and establish product distribution in pre-opening support of new stores.
· Assist and/or lead negotiations with vendors to gain favorable pricing and terms for Monkee’s store owners
· Assist store owners at market with seasonal buying and budget management
· Maintain a knowledge of new, up and coming lines that are within the Monkee’s brand standard.
· Communicate with store owners and vendors to resolve product, delivery, billing and payment issues.
· Work with the Director of Vendor Relations and Retail Operations to assist new store owners in creating a budget and merchandise mix.
· Development documentation and training for new merchandising and inventory strategies that create in-store excitement and impact sales for our store owners.
· Complete a thorough review and evaluation of vendors who seek distribution within the Monkee’s system.
· Participate in store review/strategy calls with store owners as needed.
· Help facilitate portions of the initial training offered to Franchisees.
· Provide ongoing store support as it pertains to inventory management, buying, budgeting and planning.
Requirements and desired skill set
• 4-year college degree required, preferably in Fashion Merchandising
• A minimum of five years’ experience in merchandising and buying
• Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Training experience
• Successful negotiations experience
• Takes initiative
• Detail oriented
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO MEGAN@SHOPMONKEES.COM